Sunday, September 11, 2011

Day 268 - cue the Hallelujah chorus!

(I recommend starting the video and then read the post....very dramatic!  I love it!)

Cue the music!  I promised for a long time now that I would provide numbers once I got to a certain point in my weight loss.  Today, is that day! (thus the above music)

I started this Dec. 17th and of course the saddest part is that if I had REALLY stuck with the program faithfully day in and day out, I would probably be down another 20 or so lbs. at this point.  Ah, so enough of the flogging....I shall use today's victory as motivation.   As I have immersed myself since about Thursday in remembering 9/11, including spending much of this morning watching coverage, reading stories, and sobbing....I cannot think of a better day on which to celebrate a small personal victory!

And yes, I will continue to hold you hostage for a moment longer.  While on my trip this summer, I gained a total of 7 lbs. which as I mentioned in a previous post was miracle considering how much we ate out and I only worked out about 5 times while there.  Fast forward to last week.  I was down 3 lbs. since my return home and by this past Friday I had lost the 7 lbs. plus 1 lb.  And now as of this morning I've lost another lb. 

My weight started to creep up in March of 2003.  I'd gone on a cruise and gained about 15 lbs. or so.  After that it was a steady march up the scale.  I haven't shared numbers with you because I didn't want anyone to be freaked out or horrified.  Even if you knew me/saw me at my heaviest, you wouldn't have guessed I weighed this much.   Sure I've looked fat for years but to imagine I was heading toward 400 lbs, say it ain't so Joe!   Last October I went to see a new general practitioner here and it had been a while since I was last weighed....my weight was 362.  I had not weighed myself in YEARS so this is my highest known weight on 'record' (i.e.  in my mind).  By Dec. 14th I had lost three pounds!  Wow!  So I was at the doc on Dec. 14, 2010 and my weight was 358; three days later I started MediFast and so I use 358 as my starting weight.  As of this morning, my weight was 299.3.  My promise was to tell you when I made it under 300 lbs.  I weighed 306 after the birth of our second daughter in June 1999.  I had actually lost weight  - I only gained 7 lbs. the whole pregnancy and she weighed 9 lb. 12 oz.  I have not weighed less than 300 lbs. in at LEAST 12 years.  Wow.

Since I've returned from our trip, I've had a tough time getting back on the wagon to eat what I should be.  I also haven't been to the gym every day.  Started back on Aug. 29, went 3 days and didn't go back (yikes) until yesterday.  I am very pleased to report, that the awareness of my weight this a.m. has given me a whole new wave of motivation to ride and for that I'm really grateful.

From this point forward, I will report my losses (and, gains - but we'll try to keep those at bay!) in real numbers even if it means going back over 300.  I am aware that I am 'barely there' but I'm really excited to see what I can do this week.  I really want to lose another 41 lbs. by Dec. 17th so it's gotta be 'game on'!

Thanks to everyone who reads this and has offered any words of support and encouragement.  I know those comments, thoughts, observations seem small and perhaps insignificant but they really are HUGE!  Please fee free to share this blog with anyone you think might find it interesting or motivating.

Have a great day and once again, I must add, my heart is breaking all over again as I think of and send love and peace to those impacted by 9/11.  I promise not to forget!

See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment