Tuesday, May 10, 2011

a RARE mid-week post, Day 144

Went to my doctor today for a follow up visit from my last check up with her about 6 weeks ago; since that check up I've done 23+ days of Curves workouts. My blood pressure today was 117/76 and had been 118/83 last time and my pulse rate had been 84 today it was 63!  Wow.  I can only assume the Curves workouts are what contributed to the lowered BP and pulse rate.  Tomorrow I go back to get bloodwork done.  I don't have a baseline for when I started but I know my numbers had to be not good.  Will report back once I have something interesting to report.  15 lbs to my first weight reveal!!  Woo-hoo!  Hope to make that by mid June!  We'll see.  Burned 298 calories today on my Curves workout.  Shooting for more tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. Keep it up Chantel! The exercise has to be good, it should help you burn more calories throughout the day. The change in your blood pressure and pulse is probably not statistically significant - but still, working out is good for it and definitely good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEY! Even if it's wrong as far as I'm concerned the working out lowered my pulse rate!!! I need all the real and fake motivators I can get! ;) Though I do appreciate the effort to make sure I am correctly informed (said in the voice of the pathetic sounding kid). I did not think about the working out changing/affecting my metabolism thus boosting my calorie burn throughout the day - I definitely like that idea! I just know that for now, the whole Curves thing is just mean trying to complete a mission, go every day until I take off for summer. But I will be joining a local gym while at my mom's. I don't want to stop what I'm doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. blogger kept me off of here the last time I looked. I know this has to be hard to stick with. Maybe the hardest thing you've tried to do?

    ReplyDelete